Really starting to hate beating on this dead horse.
Let me demonstrate how Smart Route, Web Filter, and Domain Config, does not seem to work with just setting one example. Sad to say, the example does involve a rather salacious element.
With the latest update (1.1.12rel) firmware, try this out:
- Set mode to Smart Route.
- Enable ALL Web Filters.
- Under Routing> Domain Config, input pornhub domain with a tunnel to a country outside of your own. Say, maybe a neighboring country.
- Open a new browser window/tab.
- Go to pornhub.
You will find that:
- Web Filter for porn did not work.
- Domain config for pornhub did not work. It still identifies your country AND display local soliciting ads.
The reason I chose pornhub, salaciousness aside, is that the site shows viewers the very country they chose on their VPN or "proxy".
Had DPN worked, one or more results should have happened:
- Web filter would have blocked pornhub.
- If web filter did not work, pornhub would show the viewer to be viewing from a country other than their own.